Sunday, July 15, 2012

Transfer graphics using Citra Solv

 I had these old ticking feather pillows I got from an estate sale. I decided to add some graphics to give the pillows new life.
First I washed them of course. Nobody wants someone elses drool....ick! After they were dry I carefully took the seam out of one end and removed most of the feathers. I just dumped the pillow upside down into a plastic garbage bag.

I put the graphic on using citra solv. You can find this method on The Graphic Fairy's website here.
I actually also tried to use a wood workers heating tool, but for some reason it didn't work on this fabric. Kind of bummed about that because I like the heat method better, but when you're doing this stuff you kind of have to roll with the punches. So citra solv came to the rescue on this one. After the citra solv was dry, I dumped the feathers back in and sewed the seam up. Next project....side table.

No comments:

Post a Comment